Filing a health information privacy complaint

You have the right to file a complaint with the Office for Civil Rights (OCR) for violations of your medical privacy.

If you believe that a covered entity violated your (or someone else’s) health information privacy rights or committed another violation of the HIPAA Privacy Rule, you may file a complaint with OCR. OCR can investigate complaints against covered entities related to the HIPAA Privacy Rule. This publication explains how to file a complaint.

Download PDF: Filing a health information privacy complaint




Quick Menu

Support Consumer Action

Support Consumer

Join Our Email List

Optional Member Code
Facebook FTwitter T

Insurance Menu

Help Desk